Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introductions are in order...

Hey folks,

For those who don't know, I leave for China on August 21st to study there for one academic year. I'll be in Beijing, studying with an independent, third-party program called IES Abroad, housed at the Beijing Foreign Studies University. Most likely, I'll be living with a Chinese family a short bus-ride away from campus, but those arrangements aren't finalized until students arrive.

This is going to be my online journal/post-every-picture-that-I-take spot while I'm in China. I should begin posting regularly once I arrive.

Please leave (vaguely tasteful) comments on this blog; they'll be a nice reminder of home when I start to 想家 (feel homesick).

T-minus 10 days and counting...

8 comments:

  1. Bookmarked and waiting for that first post! This'll be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when something like this would show up. Remember, if a strange man says his girls can take care of you, the answer is not "sorry that's too expensive for me"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that, punk. How can I hang out with you now?! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anxiously awaiting your impressions and reflections (OK, and the stories that will fill us with chuckles or wonder.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are now found and bookmarked, and I anxiously await your first post! <3 Best wishes for a smooth flight and an even smoother reception in China!
    Lots of love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Charlie! I miss you soooo much! I hope you had a good flight into China, and that you're adjusting well to the time change! Can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete